Jyotsna Jolly, Ph.D.
LexpertConsilium LLP (Back Office of Davé Law Group)
Dr. Jyotsna Jolly is a Patent Agent. She focuses her practice on strategic client counselling, and patent prosecution for a wide range of clients, including start-up biotech and chemistry companies, pharmaceutical companies, and independent vendors.
Jyotsna provides patentability opinions, drafts patent specification with claims, prepares response to Office Actions for patent applications and represents applicants before the Indian Patent Office (IPO). She also has experience in preparing responses to International Search Report (ISR) and Written Opinion issued by World Intellectual Property (WIPO), attending hearings, preparing and filing pre-grant and post-grant opposition at IPO. She also prepares and prosecutes design applications and supports litigation team.
Jyotsna has research experience in scientific disciplines including molecular biology, genetics, genomics and microbiology. She has extensive experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the broad areas of life sciences, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, green technology including cell therapy, gene-based therapy, protein therapeutics, including biologics, antibodies, modified antibodies and enzyme therapeutics, medical devices, analytical, experimental, and clinical methods and diagnostics.
Prior to joining LexpertConsilium LLP, Jyotsna was working at a law firm. Jyotsna received her Ph.D. from the department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. Her research work was focused on biochemical engineering, molecular biology and analytics to increase the yield of molecules. She also worked as guest scientist in University of Hoenheim, Stuttgart, Germany. She worked on online monitoring of microorganism with 2-D fluorescence spectroscopy.
Ampliwise Inc.: Ampliwise Inc. is is an active Californian business entity. Jyotsna performed patentability analysis, drafted patent applications along with claims, preliminary amendment and response to office actions. (E.g., Patent No. US10,907,200B2)
Biomerix Corporation: Biomerix Corporation is involved with proprietary non-resorbable and resorbable urethane biomaterials targeted at medical technology and regenerative medicine applications. Jyotsna performed patentability analysis, drafting of patent applications along with claims.
George Mason University (GMU): GMU is a public research university in Fairfax County, Virginia, USA. Patentability analysis, drafting patent applications along with claims, preliminary amendment and response to Office Action. (E.g., US20190240318A1, WO/2020/264093A2, US20190169297A1)
Immatics Biotechnologies GMBH: Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets. Jyotsna drafted response to office action. (E.g., Indian Patent Application - 7568/CHENP/2015)
Liquidmetal Coatings LLC: Liquidmetal Coatings, LLC is an oil & energy company based out of 900 Rockmead Drive Suite 240, Kingwood, Texas, United States. Jyotsna Drafts patent applications, response to US office action and preliminary amendment. (E.g., US20210108299A1)
Monsoon Beverages LLC: Monsoon Beverages LLC is located in Billings, MT, United States and is part of the Specialty Food Stores Industry. Jyotsna has drafted patent applications, prepared amendment under Article 19 in response to ISR, response to US office action. (E.g., WO/2020/229903A1)
BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd. (BTGC): BTGC is one of the world's largest manufacturers of LCD, OLEDs and flexible displays. Jyotsna prepares response to US office actions for BTGC. (E.g., US20190085441A1, US20200035159A1; Patent No. US10,643,526B2, US10,657,887B2)
Representative Patent Drafting and Prosecution Experience
• US10,657,887B2 titled “Protection Circuit and Method, Pixel Circuit, and Display Device”
• US20190085441A1 titled “Hermetic Sealed Crucible and Vapor Deposition Method Using the Same”
• US20200376809A1 titled “Cladded Amorphous Metal Products”
• US20200324362A1 titled “Ultrasonic Additive Manufacturing of Cladded Amorphous Metal Products”
• US20170327879A1 titled “Compositions, Methods, Systems and Kits for Nucleic Acid Amplification and Analysis”
• US10,907,200B2 titled “Compositions and Methods for Nucleic Acid Amplification”
• US10,064,793B2 titled “Methods of Making Silver Nanoparticles and Their Applications”
• US10,674,738B2 titled “Starch Coated Polyester Film for Release of Canned Meat Products”
• US20160263653A1 titled “Amorphous Alloy Containing Feedstock for Powder Injection Molding”
• US20190254324A1 titled as “Enhanced Kava Extract, Method of Making the Same, and Compositions Thereof”
• US20200362110A1 titled as “Novel Active Biocidal Substances and Production Process Thereof”
• US20200190315A1 titled “Anti-Blush and Chemical Resistant Polyester Film”
• US20170037497A1 titled “Fiber-Containing Composites”
• US20180244024A1 titled “Monoaxially or Biaxially Oriented Polyolefin Release Film”
• US20190169297A1 titled “Targeting the Cofilin Pathway”
• Patent Scientist, a law firm in India, 2018-2019
• KIRAN-IPR Fellow, Intellectual Property Office (Delhi, India), 2017-2018
Honors and Awards
• Received fellowship under KIRAN-IPR Women Scientist-C Scheme by Department of Science and Technology, India.
• Received DAAD Fellowship from German Academic Exchange Service, for Sandwich Program.
• Received Junior/Senior Research Fellowship from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India for Doctoral Study.
• Patent Agent Examination: Cleared Patent Examination conducted by Indian Patent Office (Patent Agent: IN/PA-3394)
• Doctor of Philosophy (2014): Dept. of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM), India Thesis Title: “Biotransformation of Glycerol to 1,3-Propanediol by Lactobacillus reuteri” PhD Supervisor: Prof. K.B Ramachandran
• M. Tech Biotechnology (2008) G.G.S Indraprastha University, Delhi
• B. Tech Biotechnology (2006) G.G.S Indraprastha University, Delhi
• Certification in IPR and Pharmaceutical R&D (April 2014) Chambers of Commerce and Industry Certificate course in IPR and Pharmaceutical R&D from Federation of Indian
• Jolly, J., B. Hitzemann, S. Ramalingam, and K.B. Ramachandran, “Biosynthesis of 1,3-Propanediol from Glycerol with Lactobacillus reuteri: Effect of Operating Variables,” Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, 118, 188-194 (2014).
• Jolly, J., B. Hitzemann, S. Ramalingam, and K.B. Ramachandran, “Production of 1, 3-Propanediol from Glycerol with Lactobacillus reuteri. Poster Presentation,” 2nd Asian Congress of Biotechnology, 15-19th December, New Delhi, India, Best Poster Award (2013).
• Jolly, J. Ph.D. Thesis, “Biotransformation of Glycerol to 1,3-Propanediol by Lactobacillus reuteri” PhD Supervisor: Prof. K.B Ramachandran. Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM).
• English, Hindi and German