Kalpana Tomar, Ph.D.
LexpertConsilium LLP (Back Office of Davé Law Group)
Dr. Kalpana Tomar focuses her practice on strategic client counselling, and patent prosecution for wide range of clients, including grass-root innovators small start-up companies, research foundations, and large biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
Kalpana’s work has encompassed patent preparation and prosecution for Davé Law Group clients, particularly in the pharmaceutical, chemical, medical device and biotechnology sectors. She has experience preparing and prosecuting U.S. and global patent applications related, for example, to pharmaceuticals, process chemistry, biotechnology, veterinary products, polymer science, material science, gas and oil technologies, medical instrumentations, hardware, and electrochemical sensors. She conducts searches and analyses to assist with the preparation of freedom-to-operate, non-infringement, validity, and patentability opinions.
In addition to her patent counseling and prosecution practice, she has experience in intellectual property rights (IPR) and the management of such IPRs for a period of one year through national level entrance examination by Department of Science and Technology in India.
Kalpana received her PhD in Chemistry at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India. Her doctoral research focused on the designed, synthesized and characterized dehydrophenylalanine containing bio-active peptide compounds and Polynucleic acid (PNA) molecules. Furthermore, she has explored potential applications of these self-assembled peptides towards metal sensing, cell imaging, and hepatoprotective activity in mice.
• AEEC: AEEC is an award-winning, woman-owned, professional services organization providing top-quality technology, environmental, and engineering solutions to US Federal Government and Fortune 50 customers since 1995. Kalpana has done patentability analysis, drafting patent applications along with claims, preliminary amendment.
• BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd., China: BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd businesses focuses on interface devices, smart IoT systems and smart medicine and engineering integration. Kalpana has drafted response to Office Action.
• George Mason University, USA: George Mason University is a public research university in Fairfax County, Virginia. Kalpana has done patentability analysis, drafting patent applications along with claims, preliminary amendment.
• Liquid Metal Coatings LLC., USA: Liquid Metal Coatings LLC work on the technology of amorphous metal alloy to produce world’s leading wear and corrosion materials and solutions for different industries such as oil and gas. Kalpana has drafted response to Office Action.
• Marwian GMBH: Marwian GMBH work on new biocidal active substance and currently preparing the biocidal products regulation authorization for several different product types. Kalpana has prepared POSITA’s declaration in response to office action and Amendment under Article 19 in response to ISR.
•Toray Plastics America INC, USA: Toray Plastics America INC synthetic fibers and textiles, carbon fibers, plastics, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and high-performance films. Kalpana has drafting response to Office Action.
•Monsoon Beverages LLC: Monsoon Beverages LLC Monsoon Beverages LLC is located in Billings, MT, United States and is part of the Specialty Food Stores Industry. Kalpana has drafted response to Office Action.
Representative Patent Drafting and Prosecution Experience
• US 2016/0263653A1 titled “Amorphous Alloy Containing Feedstock for Powder Injection Molding”
• US 2020/0066196A1 titled “Display Panel and Crack Detecting Method Thereof, Display Apparatus”
• US 2021/0034142A1 titled “Electronic Apparatus, Spatial Positioning System and Method Thereof”
• US 2019/0254324A1 titled as “Enhanced Kava Extract, Method of Making the Same, and Compositions Thereof”
• US 2021/0108299A1 titled as “System and Method for Applying Amorphous Metal Coatings on Surfaces for the Reduction of Friction”
• US 2020/0362110A1 titled as “Novel Active Biocidal Substances and Production Process Thereof”
• US 2021/0008015A1 titled as “Hepatoprotectent Phenylbutyrate Drug Conjugates, and Their Compositions Preparation and Methods of Use Thereof”
• US 2020/0190315A1 titled “Anti-Blush and Chemical Resistant Polyester Film”
• Scientist, Remfry & Sagar, 2019-2020
• Research Associate, IIT Kanpur, Department of Chemistry, 2018
• Research Associate, JNCASR, Department of Chemistry, 2019
• Indian Institute of Technology, Ph.D. Chemistry, December 2012-October 2018
• Ambedker University, M.Sc. Organic Chemistry, June 2009-June 2011
• Ambedker University, B.Sc. Zoology & Chemistry, July 2006-June 2009
• Rani, S. Dasgupta, B. Bhati, G. Tomar, K. Rakshit, S. Maiti, S., Superior Proton Transfer Catalysis by Cytochrome C in Self-organized Media, ChemBioChem, 2020, 22(7), 1285-1291.
• Tomar, K. Ramanathan,G., New Archetypes in Self-Assembled Phe-Phe Motif Induced from Crown Ether Substituted ΔZPhe: Synthesis, Purification and Photophysical, Journal of Chemical Science, 2019, 131(6), 47.
• Tomar, K. Kaur, G. Verma, S. Gurunath, R., A Self-assembled tetrapeptide that acts as a “turn-on” fluorescent sensor for Hg2+ ion, Tetrahedron Lett. 2018, 59 (41), 3653-3656.
• Tomar, K. Soni S. Bhaudoria P. Parihar R. Ganesh S. Nair N.N. Ramanathan G., Mercuric Ion sensing by an Overlapping β-turn Containing Peptide, Chem Select 2017, 2 (26), 8072-8075.
Kalpana Tomar and Gurunath Ramanathan, Design of overlapping β-turn containing peptides that are specific for Hg2+ sensing, 6th Indian Peptide Symposium (IPS-2017), Mumbai, Feb 23-24, 2017.
“Synthesis, Characterization, Conformational Analysis and Possible applications of ΔPhe Containing Self-assembled Peptides” under the guidance of Prof. Ramanathan Gurunath, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India.
English and Hindi