Parvish Pandya, Ph.D.
Technical Specialist / Vice-President, H. R.
LexpertConsilium LLP (Back Office of Davé Law Group)
Parvish is the Vice-president and Director of Human Resources for Davé Law Group LLC and LexpertConsilium LLP. He drives procedures and processes between both offices in the US (Davé Law Group) and India (LexpertConsilium LLP). In addition, Parvish oversees legal and technical speciality recruiting in both the United States and India. Before joining Davé Law Group, Parvish was a vice-principal and an associate professor in Zoology for over 37 years at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s College in Mumbai, India. In his spare time, Parvish is a consultant editor for Science and Conservation, for two bi-monthly magazines CUB and Sanctuary Asia, which are India’s Best Wildlife magazines for four decades. He has also edited Coffee Table books for several Wildlife Reserves in India.
For thirty-seven years (September 1982 to October 2018), Parvish has worked at Bhavan’s College, Andheri, Mumbai, India. He retired as Vice-Principal and Associate Professor in Zoology. Parvish was involved in teaching and designing of new curricula, courses, diploma, and innovative teaching materials. He made educational CDs, conducted scores of indoor and outdoor Education programmes in Plant Taxonomy, Botany, Animal Taxonomy, Wild Plant & Animal surveys. During his tenure as a teacher, Parvish taught several modules covering topics such as Animal and Human Physiology; Developmental Biology, Toxicology, Pharmacognosy; Ethnobotany, about plant-based medicines in Ayurveda and Homeopathy; Cell & Molecular Biology, the action of drugs and plant metabolites on cell membranes, cell metabolism and functions; and Environmental Science, wildlife, and role of plants and animals in ecology.
Parvish has guided students for undergraduate, postgraduate and M.Phil. Research Dissertations. He has also conducted Citizen-Science Surveys.
• Parvish has trained hundreds of School and University Teachers at Academic Staff Training Programmes for Teacher Orientation and Refresher Courses in Environmental Science, Wildlife, Zoology, Plant-Animal Interactions,
• He has trained many aspiring teachers in Biology to teach for curricula at International Baccalaureate [IB] and Cambridge [CIE] International Schools.
• Parvish has trained several students, teachers and the public in Nature and Ethical Wildlife Photography; He has been a member of the Jury for the annual Sanctuary Wildlife Photography Awards since the year 2013; he has judged several other Photography Competitions.
• Parvish has trained officers of the Army & Navy in Environmental Conservation; he has trained personnel of Forest Departments, Nature Guides and Vehicle Drivers in Nature Interpretation.
• For four years, Parvish has served as Vice-Principal of a College with more than nine thousand students, three hundred teacher staff and two hundred non-teaching staff. He helped in the planning and development of Infrastructure for 66,000 sq. ft. of teaching spaces. Parvish has maintained high standards of achievement, behaviour, discipline and punctuality amongst students, teachers, support staff and administrative staff.
• Parvish was involved in supervising Teachers to assess students’ course work and material; he was involved in the set-up of exams and the marking of results; he was responsible for the departmental and administrative tasks; he conducted staff interviews, induction, appraisals & career advancements; he guided Heads of Academic Departments; he introduced and implemented new methods of Biometry of Teachers & attendance records of students; he worked as the local coordinator for National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) to procure accreditation of the College.
• Parvish has provided mentoring, advice and support to teachers and students on a personal level; he has organised conferences, seminars, workshops, and training for teachers in the areas of spirituality, motivation, team spirit, health & hygiene, first aid, gender sensitization, time management skills, and e-teaching.
• Parvish has been a trainer in Biology for Teachers at International Schools in Mumbai.
Honors and Awards
• Parvish was felicitated with the RBS - Sanctuary Joint Green Teacher Award in 2010.
• He was the winner of National Merit Scholarship for 1979-80 and 1980-81.
• He was awarded the University Grants Commission (UGC) Teacher Fellowship as one year Ph.D. leave from March 1990 to February 1991.
• B.Sc., Zoology – University of Mumbai
• M.Sc., Zoology – University of Mumbai
• Ph.D., Zoology – Cell Biology – University of Mumbai
• Parvish holds the Life Membership to the Bombay Natural History Society, an organisation which was established in 1883.
• He is also a Life Member of the Bombay Biological Association.
• Ph.D. Thesis Title: “On Certain Histological and Neurosecretory Aspects of the Freshwater Snail Pila virens (Lamarck).”
• English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, and Punjabi