Dr. Patrali Banerjee
India Patent Agent, PhD (Organic Chemistry)
Dr. Patrali Banerjee is an Indian patent agent with a Ph.D. in Bio – Organic Chemistry from National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi (India) and 13 years of experience in patents including sales and marketing in science, competitive intelligence in both industry and academia.
Davé Law Group LLC, Patent Agent June 2019 onwards
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Consultant – Patents, August 2018 – May 2019
• Patent Drafting and Prosecution (Indian Patent Law).
• Portfolio and future trend analysis for CSIR, and white space analysis.
• Patent training – including, drafting, infringement analysis to CSIR scientists.
Manav Rachna University, Consultant, IPR Head, & Associate Professor (Chemistry), February 2017 - May 2018
• Formulated and implemented the university’s IPR Policy, set up its IPR Cell, and structured its innovation management system.
• Patent drafting and prosecution.
• Taught Organic Chemistry (theory and Lab techniques) to graduate and post graduate students of the University.
California State University, East Bay, Lecturer in Organic Chemistry September 2014 – June 2015
Taught Organic Chemistry (theory and Lab techniques) to undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students of the University.
DuPont India Pvt. Ltd., Competitive & Market Intelligence Manager, July 2012 – October 2013
• Setting up a competitive intelligence network within DuPont India representing all businesses and functions.
• Quantifying their present and prospective market and competitive space, through primary and secondary market research support to generate actionable insights.
• Applying the best industrial practices around competitive intelligence, helping businesses outperform competition.
Patent Liaison & Team Leader (I & CT), June 2005 – June 2012
• Patent Drafting & Response to Office Actions.
• Patent Searching using highly specialized databases (e.g. STN) and Analysis.
• Sending technical updates to US and Indian businesses using patent-based information.
• Leading patent search and analysis team projects maintaining timelines and objectives.
• SIX SIGMA Green Belt certified.
• Entrenching new services in India amidst marketing and business leaders and establishing oneself as a service provider with value.
• Business updates using secondary information sources.
Jubilant Chemsys Ltd., Trainee Research Scientist, NOIDA, India, December 2004 – April 2005
• Large Scale heterocyclic molecule synthesis.
• Chemical conversion/Yield enhancement.
Honorary Lecturer in Organic Chemistry in St. Stephen’s College, Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi for the academic year 2007-2008.
Independent Patent Consultant to TekIP Knowledge Consulting Pvt. Ltd. and CPA Global (2014 & 2017).
Lecturer in Organic Chemistry at the Department of Bio-Sciences, Jamia Millia Islamia from January 2017 – May 2017.
Gold Medalist for first rank in Master of Chemistry at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi in 1999.
Awarded CSIR Research Fellowship for pursuing Ph.D. degree.
NALSAR University of Law, India
P.G. Diploma in Patent Law
National Institute of Immunology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
Ph.D. (Bio-organic Chemistry)
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
Master of Science (Chemistry)
Hindu College, University of Delhi, India
Bachelor of Science (Hons. - Chemistry)
Chemistry and biology of glycosylphosphatidylinositol molecules; Dipali Ruhela, Patrali Banerjee, Ram A. Vishwakarma; Current Science, 2012, 102 (1).
1-Oxabicyclic β-lactams as new inhibitors of elongating MPT- a key enzyme responsible for assembly of cell-surface phosphoglycans of Leishmania parasite; Dipali Ruhela, Patrali Chatterjee, and Ram A. Vishwakarma; Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 2005, 3, 1043-1048.