Technical Specialist, MS (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
Tel: (301) 424-1395 (home); (301) 915-6441 (cell)
Suma Madapur has strong domain expertise in wireless technology, Internet of Things (IoT), Digital Transformation and Data Analytics (CRM, SAP BI tools, AWS QuickSight). She has a Masters in electrical engineering from New Jersey Institure of Technology and MBA from The Wharton School.
Avnet Inc. Columbia, MD, USA (2008-2017)
Director, Technology Marketing (2014- 2017),
Program Manager (2012-2014),
Technology Marketing Specialist (2008-2012),
Delivered Internet of Things (IoT) based solutions from “sensor to cloud” with a key focus on wireless connectivity for IoT applications.
Internet of Things (IoT)
• Architected and Implemented Wireless Connectivity (WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee and Cellular), Gateway and Cloud strategy for IOT in broad application areas including industrial automation, healthcare and energy sector.
• Conducted training for Field Application Engineers (FAE) on emerging IoT industry trends.
Digital Transformation and Analytics
• Developed predictive models to provide insights into customer and market needs for wireless connectivity solutions (especially IoT market).
• Demonstrated IoT enabled solutions from sensor to cloud enabling digital transformation for customers. Conducted multiple workshops demonstrating IoT functionality with custom designed solutions to increase customer awareness.
• Developed apps to monitor temperature, humidity and other key parameters through cloud interface, so as to offer complete IoT systems from Sensor to Cloud for remote monitoring of factory environments.
Avnet Inc. Warren, NJ (1998-2008)
Senior Member Technical Staff (2005-2008),
Staff Engineer (2003-2005),
Engineer I and Engineer II (1998-2003)
Advanced from entry-level engineer to senior design engineer and project manager in 7 years (3 years sooner than typical time frame), by successfully leading multiple engineering projects and product development activities in cable tuner market.
Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award for winning additional market share for a key wireless supplier at Avnet Presidents Club in 2016.
Top performer award (2004 and 2005) for receiver design module at Anadigics.
• Software Skills:
SAS Tool - Jmp, Optimization Tool - Solver, Monte Carlo Simulator - Crystal Ball, CRM and Webi reports.
Several publications in Technology Magazines and journals
The Wharton School, Univeristy Of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
MBA: Majored in Operations and Marketing Strategy (2011-2013)
New Jersey Institure Of Technology, Newark, NJ .
MS in Electrical and Computer EngineeringAwarded Research Assistantship(1996-1998)
Sri Jayachamrajendra College Of Engineering, Mysore, India.
BS in Electronics and Communication Graduated First Class with Distinction(1991-1995)