Vaishali Sharma, Ph.D.
LexpertConsilium LLP (Back Office of Davé Law Group)
Dr. Vaishali Sharma is a Technical Specialist whose focus is on patent preparing and prosecuting patent applications in U. S. and global patent application. She has worked with a wide range of clients, including start-up biotech, chemistry companies, large pharmaceutical companies, universities, and independent inventors.
Vaishali’s working area involves patent preparing, prosecuting patent applications in U.S. and global patent application, provides patentability opinions, conducts searches and analyses to assist with the preparation of freedom-to-operate, non-infringement, validity, and patentability opinions. Her technical expertise involves material science, crystallography, battery materials, chemical, polymer science, pharmaceuticals, solid-state physics, scientific instrumentation.
Prior to joining LexpertConsilium, Vaishali received her Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, where she synthesized, characterized, and explored applications for inorganic materials in areas such as battery and photocatalytic degradation of dye. She also has one year experience as post-doctoral research, where she worked in designing triboelectric nanogenerator devices.
• Anthem India Infopoint Pvt. Ltd., India: Anthem India Infopoint Pvt. Ltd provides technology, solutions and programs for health care system. Vaishali has assisted in patent drafting along with claims, preliminary amendment and response to Office Action.
• BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd., China: BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd businesses focuses on interface devices, smart IoT systems and smart medicine and engineering integration. Vaishali has assisted in drafting response to Office Action.
• Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences, India: The Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences is a research institute under Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. The Centre is engaged in materials research at all relevant length scales. Specifically, the current activities are focussed on a variety of metal and semiconductor nanostructures, liquid crystals, gels, membranes and hybrid materials. Vaishali has assisted in drafting patent applications along with claims, preliminary amendment and response to Office Action.
• George Mason University, USA: George Mason University is a public research university in Fairfax County, Virginia. Vaishali has assisted in patentability analysis, drafting patent applications along with claims, preliminary amendment.
• KnoetiK Solutions Inc, USA: KnoetiK Solutions Inc specializes is a cloud security and visibility, enables programs to migrate to the cloud while delivering predictive analytics, data protection, compliance, and control. Vaishali has assisted in patentability analysis and drafted patent applications.
• Indian Institute of Science, India: The Indian Institute of Science is a public, deemed, research university for higher education and research in science, engineering, design, and management. Vaishali has assisted in drafting patent applications along with claims, preliminary amendment and response to Office Action.
• Liquid Metal Coatings LLC., USA: Liquid Metal Coatings LLC work on the technology of amorphous metal alloy to produce world’s leading wear and corrosion materials and solutions for different industries such as oil and gas. Vaishali has assisted in drafting response to Office Action.
• Monsoon Beverages LLC, USA: Monsoon Beverage LLC is a Food Stores Industry. Vaishali has assisted in drafting response to Office Action.
• Toray Plastics America INC, USA: Toray Plastics America INC synthetic fibers and textiles, carbon fibers, plastics, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and high-performance films. Vaishali has assisted in drafting response to Office Action.
Representative Patent Drafting and Prosecution Experience
• US20170037497A1 titled “Fiber-Containing Composites”
• US20200009835A1 titled “Anti-Blush and Chemical Resistant Polyester Film”
• US20160263653A1 titled “Amorphous Alloy Containing Feedstock for Powder Injection Molding”
• US20180244024A1 titled “Monoaxially or Biaxially Oriented Polyolefin Release Film”
• US20190254324A1 titled “Enhanced Kava Extract, Method of Making the Same, and Compositions Thereof”
• US20190355293A1 titled “Data Conversion Method, Display Method, Data Conversion Device and Display Device”
• US20190383823A1 titled “Methods for Discovering Protein-Protein Interactions”
• Scientist C, IBHA IP Solutions (Department of Science and Technology), Bengaluru, India, 2019-2020
• Postdoctoral Researcher, Center for Nano and Soft Matter Science, Bengaluru, India, 2018 – 2019
• Research Assistant, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, India, 2017 – 2018
Honors and Awards
• Received fellowship under KIRAN-IPR Women Scientist-C Scheme by Department of Science and Technology, India.
• Indian Institute of Science, India, 2016, Ph.D. (Material Science)
• Mangalore University, India, 2011, Master of Science (Material Science)
• Mangalore University, India, 2009, Bachelor of Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
• Vaishali M. Sharma, Diptikantha Swain, C. Narayana and T. N. Guru Row, “Structure Phase Transition and Conducting Properties in Bimetallic Sulfates,” Acta crystallographica A, 70. C74, 2014.
• Vaishali M. Sharma, Diptikantha Swain and T. N. Guru Row, “Superionic Behavior and Phase Transition in a Vanthoffite Mineral,” Inorg. Chem. 56, 6048, 2017.
• Umesh D. Pete, Amol G. Dikundwar, Vaishali M. Sharma, Shridhar P. Gejji, Ratnamala S. Bendre and Tayur N. Guru Row, “Partial Rotation of the Isopropyl Group in the Solid State: Single-Crystal-to-Single-Crystal Phase Transformation in a Carvacrol Derivative,” Crystal Engineering Communication, 17, 7482–7485, 2015.
• Vaishali M. Sharma, Dipankar Saha, Giridhar Madras and T. N. Guru Row, “Synthesis, Structure, Characterization and Photocatalytic Activity of Bi2Zr2O7 Under Solar Radiation,” RSC Advances, 3, 18938-18943, 2013.
“Structural Characterization of Complex Oxides and Sulfates Towards the Design of Photocatalytic and Sodium Ion Conducting Materials” under the guidance of Prof. T. N. Guru Row, Indian Institute of Science, India. The thesis consists of 5 chapters. Chapter 1 gives a brief introductory note which outlines the various synthesis procedures, characterization techniques and a description of properties like photocatalysis and ionic conductivity. Chapter 2 discusses the solution combustion synthesis of Bi2Zr2O7. Chapter 3 describes Bi doping on photocatalytic activity of CeO2. Chapter 4 describes synthesis, crystal structure, phase transition and ionic conductivity in a family of mineral Na6Mn(SO4)4. Chapter 5 presents the crystal growth and in situ structural studies of di and tetra hydrate of mineral Na6M(SO4)4 (M = Ni and Co).
English, Kannada, and Tulu