Dr. Vijeta Sharma
Technical Specialist, PhD (Biotechnology)
LexpertConsilium LLP (Back Office of Davé Law Group, LLC)
7, Sigma Soft Tech Park, Gamma Block, 5th floor
Whitefield Main Road, Varthur Kodi
Bengaluru-560066, Karnataka, INDIA
M: +91 82838 86088
Dr. Vijeta Sharma has obtained her PhD in Biotechnology from Jawaharlal Nehru University and holds a diploma in Patent Law from NALSAR university. She had been selected for training in the area of intellectual property rights (IPR) and their management for a period of one year through national level entrance examination by Department of Science and Technology, India. She secured first rank in all India entrance examination for Ph.D conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University and has qualified National Eligibility Test (NET-JRF) in Life Sciences conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). Her major interest is focused towards inventions and novelties in the field of bioinformatics and biotechnology.
LexpertConsilium LLP (Backoffice of Dave Law Group LLC), Technical Specialist, Bengaluru, India, November 2020 - Current
Freelance, Patent analyst and IPR advisor, Bengaluru, India, July 2019 - October 2020
● Drafting provisional and complete patent specification drafting for Indian patent Office and PCT
● Performing prior art search and patentability search
● Counseling on Counseling on patents and other forms of intellectual properties.
Ibha IP Solutions, Patent executive, Bengaluru, India, July 2018 - June 2019
● Patent search, Patent Drafting
● Preparing response to office actions,
● Docketing and Tracking deadlines
● Respective forms drafting
● Preparing patent landscape report
● Strategizing business development for IBHA
● Keeping track of IP related news and drafting bimonthly IP- new letters
School of Biotechnology, JNU, Research associate, Delhi, India, November 2015 - June 2016
● Worked on project titled ‘RICEFUEL: Engineering enzymes, bacteria and Bioconversion processes for advanced Biofuels from waste grain straw’.
● Involved in molecular cloning, fermentation and bioreactor data analysis.
School of Biotechnology, JNU, Senior research fellow, Delhi, India, January 2012-December 2014
● PhD Dissertation title: ‘Designing improved mammalian expression systems using tools of systems biology’.
● CHO host cell modification using tools of genetic engineering to delay program cell death
● Process optimization for batch culture of CHO cells in bioreactors
● Understanding cellular responses in bioreactor using OMICS and system biology tools.
- Honors & Awards
● Prof. Awtar Krishan Prize for flow cytometry quiz, NCBS-TIFR, Bangalore India, 2011
● AIR-1 in JNU Entrance Examination for PhD programme at School of Biotechnology, 2009
● Senior Research Fellowship (SRF), University Grants Commission (UGC), India, 2013-2015
● Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), University Grants Commission (UGC), India, 2010-2012
● JRF-Lectureship conducted by CSIR-UGC, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India, NET (National Eligibility Test), 2008
● Accepted as AAAS member through AAAS/Science Program for Excellence in Science in October, 2010
● Presented poster at Indo-US workshop on Cell Factories, at IITB, March 2016
● Presented poster at Bioprocessing India-2015 conference, at IITM, December 2015
● Presented poster at Asian Biotechnology Congress, at IHC Delhi organized by IITD and AFOB, 2013
English, Hindi, Bengali
NALSAR University of Law, India, 2018
Diploma, Patent Law
Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India, 2016
Ph.D, Mammalian Bioprocess/Biotechnology
Punjab Technical University, India, 2008
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, India, 2005
BSc., Computer Science, Biotechnology and Chemistry
● Sharma V, Tripathi M, Mukherjee KJ (2016) Application of System Biology Tools for the Design of Improved Chinese Hamster Ovary Cell Expression Platforms. J Bioprocess Biotech 6: 284. doi:10.4172/2155-9821.1000284